Capital 4 Training are pleased to offer this new apprenticeship standard as part of the governments initiative to boost and transform training within apprenticeships, and also delivering a qualification that is recognised by the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM), which will provide an affiliate membership whilst undertaking the qualification, and an associate membership on achievement. As part of the programme we will also offer a variety of qualifications that link directly with the standard to maximise compliance within a business.
How can a Property Management Operative Apprenticeship boost your business needs?
Rising costs of repairs and maintenance within a business can have a significant impact on both turnover as and reputation as an organisation. A PMO Apprenticeship will allow your staff to develop their knowledge and skills across a variety of activities and premises, expand on their technical knowledge to identify specialist roles for progression. In turn, this will lead to a more robust maintenance delivery team of qualified and competent staff which will aid in the reduction of maintenance costs.
What is a Property Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship?
The Property Maintenance Operative (PMO) role is to improve property conditions and quality. The PMO will maintain a high level of quality, providing satisfaction to customers, clients and their team. The PMO understands various areas of property maintenance, including electrical, plumbing, plant, safety systems and equipment. They provide first and immediate response to fault finding, whilst maximising quality and ensuring cost effectiveness, ensuring prevention of major damage that could result in extensive costs and minimise reactive intervention. Typical roles include Property Engineer, Caretaker. Maintenance Assistant and Multi-Skilled Technician.
Completing this apprenticeship programme, with all its transferable skills, will enable progression into roles such as a Technical Specialist (Electrical, Plumbing, Supervisory, Management) in Facilities Management, across a range of sectors.
The apprenticeship will focus on the key areas for development including certification of recognised qualifications:
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of Health and safety in the workplace – leads to certification of Level 2 Health & Safety, Manual Handling, Fire Safety, Risk assessment.
- Complying with organisational policies, procedures, identifying and dealing with hazards and risks – Leads to certification of Level 2 Risk Assessment and Emergency First Aid at Work.
- Carry out basic repairs to the fabric of buildings, repairs to walls, doors, frames, leaking taps damaged sockets, lighting and fuses etc.
- Maintain high levels of water hygiene within a building – leads to certification in Level 2 Legionella Awareness.
- Demonstrate safe use of workplace equipment and working safely at height – leads to certification of Working at height awareness.
- Demonstrate and implement energy, environmental and sustainable practices – leads to certification in Environmental awareness.
- Understand the importance of the control of resources and stock
- Understand how to prepare for refurbishment or deep clean – leads to certification in Level 2 COSHH
- Understand the importance of customer service – leads to certification in Level 2 Food Safety
- Record and report information accurately either internally or externally.